Dental Restoration or Tooth Filling is a clinical procedure recommended when one has a cavity in a tooth. Tooth ﬁlling happens to be the most commonly delivered dental procedure across the globe.
TOOTH FILLING IS OF DIFFERENT TYPES
BASED ON MATERIAL…
Conventional Filling or Dental Restoration
- Amalgam Filling or Amalgam Cement Cosmetic Filling or Cosmetic Dental Restoration
- Glass Ionomer Filling or Glass Ionomer Cement
- Composite Filling or Composite Cement
BASED ON LONGEVITY…
- Temporary Filling or Temporary Cement
- Permanent Filling or Permanent Cement
BASED ON CAVITY…
- Class 2 Tooth Filling or Class 2 Dental Restoration
- Class 3 Tooth Filling or Class 3 Dental Restoration
- Class 1 Tooth Filling or Class 1 Dental Restoration
- Class 4 Tooth Filling or Class 4 Dental Restoration
- Class 5 Tooth Filling or Class 5 Dental Restoration
- Class 6 Tooth Filling or Class 6 Dental Restoration
Whatever be the type of a tooth ﬁlling or a dental restoration, it is an in-ofﬁce procedure and has to be delivered by a certiﬁed dentist in a hygienic and clinical environment.
Why Dental Restoration or Tooth Filling at ALUX DENTAL?
Our in-house General Dentist or Conservative Dentistry Specialist will be delegated to consult, educate, diagnose and to render the dental restoration based on your condition or based on the tooth cavity. Longevity of a dental restoration or a tooth ﬁlling will depend on the prepared architecture by the performing dentist apart from the clinical protocol & material used.
Tooth Filling or Dental Restorative Protocols at ALUX DENTAL :
- The assigned dentist or conservative specialist will ascertain the diagnosis
- Diagnosis based on clinical understanding ,X-Rays and conﬁrmative aids like Diagnocam
- Use of Diagnodent – a scientiﬁcally proven conﬁrmative aid
- Use of Reality Aesthetics rated products
- Guaranteed longevity of Dental Restoration or Tooth Filling
- Use of High Speed Turbines & Soft Hands
- OSHA standards of hygiene, disinfection and sterilisation to prevent cross contamination
- Dental Chairs with in-built disinfection system
- Single use of tooth drilling burs, disposables and cements
FLOW CHART OF A CAVITY RESTORATION
Cavity Preparation — Cavity Cleanser — Pulp Protection — Primer Application —Drying — Bond Application —Drying & Curing —SDR Application —Incremental 3D Restoration — Finishing & Polishing—Composite Sealant
What is Tooth Filling or Dental Restoration?
- A dental procedure aimed at cleaning the decay and restoring the cavity is called a tooth ﬁlling or dental ﬁlling. Here the dentist will drill the tooth clearing up the decayed or deceased portion then prepare an architecture with retentive features to hold the dental restoration. Depending on the type of tooth ﬁlling a material is compacted without any air gaps sealing the cavity in toto.
Is a Tooth Filling or Dental Restoration permanent?
- Yes, if the restorative protocols are strictly followed. A good dentist prepares the architecture well, uses a right material, optimally cures the dental cement and polishes the ﬁlling ensuring the longevity of the tooth ﬁlling.
What type of Tooth Filling is the best and lasts long?
- Ideally Composite restoration or G.I.C tooth ﬁlling do last long. Amalgam is kind of obsolete considering mercury being hazardous and silver getting oxidised.
Should I replace an Amalgam Dental Restoration or Amalgam Filling?
- Yes, amalgam ﬁllings were popular in olden days but now they’re obsolete. An amalgam ﬁlling causes mechanical closure of the cavity which with time can loosen up due to oxidation and contraction causing micro-leakage. This in fact will cause secondary decay or infection, hence amalgam ﬁlling should be replaced with Composite or G.I.C Restoration.
Is Cosmetic Filling strong, can it withstand chewing forces?
- Yes, cosmetic restorations today are quite strong almost matching the strength of tooth enamel. With advancement in dentistry cosmetic ﬁllings like composite restoration or G.I.C ﬁllings have actually become very strong
How much does a Cosmetic Filling Cost in Bangalore or Cost of Cosmetic Filling in Hyderabad?
- Cost of a Cosmetic Filling in India totally depends on the type of cavity, type of tooth ﬁlling and material used. So, visit us and let our expert panel help you with all your queries.