GUM DISEASE Treatment in Hyderabad: The most common entity that remains ignored in the oral cavity is gum disease. The prime reason being its painless nature. It initially starts with inflammation of gums which is termed as gingivitis, which when aggravates leads to involvement of the bone and the surrounding supporting structures, termed as periodontitis.
How do you identify gum disease & Treatment in Hyderabad
As mentioned it is a painless entity as a whole, but upon observed the patient might notice certain signs and symptoms.
- Gums bleed easily upon brushing.
- Swollen gums
- Sometimes the gums may be tender and painful.
- Change in colour: Reddish pink appearance of the gums may be noticed in most of the cases.
- In advanced stages of gum disease, you may notice pulling away of gums from the bone and leading to the formation of pockets.
- Mobile/ shifting teeth: you may able to feel your teeth wobbling upon biting, eating, or speaking.
- Bad breath/Halitosis
- Receding gums: The gum line shifts downwards, exposing more of the tooth.
Sensitive teeth: As the teeth are more exposed to the oral cavity due to receding gums, it becomes sensitive upon sipping hot or cold drinks and also upon exposure to cold air.
What is the cause/etiology for gum disease?
Gum disease initiates with the presence of plaque, calculus/tartar due to poor oral hygiene. The others are the contributing factors:
- Lifestyle habits such as Smoking, Alcohol intake, sleep issues, stress may lead to gum disease.
- Illnesses like diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, individuals with the compromised immune system (H.I.V, A.I.DS), cancers etc.
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Medications: Some medications are known to reduce the flow of the saliva, thereby reducing its protective function in and around the gums. Hence, increasing the chances of bacterial inflow to the gums.
- Genes : Some individuals are more prone to gum disease due to their genetic makeup.
- Presence of any fillings, crowns/bridges, brackets/ braces which are not well maintained may lead to gum disease.
How to treat gum disease?
You must visit your Periodontist at earliest. The Periodontist will inspect your gum condition, he/she may advise an x-ray and proceed with a treatment plan depending upon the severity of the disease.
If the problem is mild, you may only require deep cleaning along with mouthwash and medications. In severe cases, the Periodontist may advise Flap or Gum Surgery/ Laser Surgery along with bone grafting procedures which are again decided based on the nature of the disease.
If you are looking out for best Dental hospital for Gum Disease, you are on the right page then – Book an appointment with us today at Alux Dental.