As a parent, you always want the best for your kid and want them to be healthy and strong. And to have a strong body your growing kid needs to have a nutritious diet. What your child eats not only has effects on his bones also his teeth. By encouraging a nutritious and right diet to your kids, they can have good oral health and resilient attractive teeth.
Since the tooth is made up of Calcium and Phosphorus, intake of foods rich in Calcium, Phosphorus, and Vitamin D becomes extremely crucial at this age.
Here are some of the foods that can help your growing kid have strong teeth and great oral health:
- Vitamin D-rich foods such as dairy products, fatty fish, soy, eggs aid in the absorption of calcium, which is required for healthy teeth and bone matrix formation during development.
- Calcium-rich foods such as Dry fruits ( Dry figs, Almonds), dark green leafy vegetables ( Spinach, Broccoli, Kale, Celery), fruits (Kiwis, Mulberries, Guavas, Papayas), and dairy products (Yogurt, Cheese, Milk) directly mineralize enamel, dentine present in the tooth and also the bone.
- Vitamin C-rich foods such as Oranges, Kiwis, Lemon, Guava, Grapefruit improve collagen formation which affects the development of gums that hold teeth in place.
- Crunchy and fibrous foods such as apples and carrots have a cleansing action on your teeth, moving away plaque and debris that may lead to decay.
- Proteins are very important for the development of gums and teeth. Protein can be found in chicken and meat and tofu, beans, and nuts as they are excellent sources of protein and also contain phosphorous which also helps in the mineralization of teeth.
- Water should be consumed at least 4 liters per day as it keeps the body hydrated and also flushes any food particles stuck between teeth and prevents the formation of cavities.
Focus on making your kid have these nutritious food items by making them interesting to consume. These developing years make healthy eating a priority for your child’s best growth and development. Along with a nutritious diet, encourage your kids to develop habits like brushing twice daily and also flossing.
Get a regular dental checkup at ALUX DENTAL Hyderabad as well for anxiety-free dental treatment for your kids. This will eventually help your kids to have healthy and stronger teeth for a long time.